Job Title: HR Trainee
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Starting date: January 2020
Reports to: Grants & Admin Manager
Contract duration: 6months
Wageningen UR Uganda (WUU) is implementing a 4-year ISSD Plus project funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala. The programme aims to strengthen the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market-oriented seed sector that is able to address key challenges that hamper the seed sector development such as seed quality assurance and availability of foundation seed.
Wageningen UR Uganda is searching for vibrant experienced suitable person to fill the Trainee position as below:
Job Summary: We are looking for talented and passionate candidate to work on a variety of human resource functions to join Wageningen UR Uganda as an HR Trainee.
Duties and responsibilities
Perform HR Support in the following departmental functions including;
- Recruitment, coordination of applicants, review resumes, make phone calls to applicants, scheduling interviews, prepare materials for new hires and orientations, create new hire personnel files, and reception new hires/interview candidates.
- Introduction of new staff into their work environment
- Support in the handling of the employees' payments
- Assistance in the employee evaluation and processing of employees' issues
- Maintaining a healthy communication system towards the employees
- Assist with some administrative duties i.e. filing, data entry, back up for front desk, participate in HR database data entry as needed, Audit current employee personnel files, Employee Photos
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
How to apply: Interested candidates can send their cover letters and resumes (max.4 pages) with three referees that can testify on the candidates’ competences and skills to handle the tasks. Send to email@example.com Please do not attach Certificates or academic credentials. Deadline for application is 10th of January 2020.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource management, social sciences, Organizational Psychology or business Administration with a bias in Human Resource.
- Must have at least 1year of experience in HR or Administration.
- Computer literate with good knowledge in MS word and excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people in the organization.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Call for Consultant to clean data and analyse it in STATAInterested firms or individuals should submit their Proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th April, 2020.Read
Call for Consultancy to undertake a study on vegetable adoptionHow to apply
Interested firms or individuals should submit their technical and financial proposal with three reference clients’ email and telephone contacts to email@example.com not later than 8th May, 2020.Read
Call for Consultancy to undertake survey on Access to Seed Household SurveyInterested firms or individuals should submit their technical and financial proposal with three reference clients’ email and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 3rd April, 2020.Read
Job Advert Research Officer - PROMO Project 07012020Research Dissemination Officer –Bundling maize seed with insuranceRead
HUMAN RESOURCE (HR) TRAINEE OPPORTUNITYRecruitment, coordination of applicants, review resumes, make phone calls to applicants, scheduling interviews, prepare materials for new hires and orientations, create new hire personnel files, and reception new hires/interview candidates.Read
DEVELOPMENT OF THE DIGITAL SEED TRACKING AND TRACING SYSTEMQuality seed account for about 40% of the crop yields in farmer’s fields and it highly relies on quality and adaptability of the varieties to the different growth environment. Tracking (following the seed production sequence from the breeder’s nursery fields through to certified/quality declared (QDS) seed; and even to sales) and tracing (following a seed sale backward sequence from certified/quality declared (QDS) seed back to Breeders’ seed production lots and fields);Read
In Partnership With